As soon as you have created an account on Uku, you will have access to the Uku dashboard!
1. Create an account
Joining Uku takes just a few minutes, and all you need to do is enter your email address and phone number or create an account through Google.
Create a personal account with the click of a button.
2. Add users
Uku is an ideal teamwork tool, and adding users is easy. There are three ways to do this, but keep in mind that adding a user requires a business account.
- Upon signing up
- From the Main Menu - To add and manage users, select “Users” from the main menu
- Adding a customer - when adding a new customer, you can also add a new user
After adding users, specify their rights:
User - only sees clients assigned to them
Admin - sees all clients and related information
Inactive - cannot see any office clients
Learn more about how to add users.
3. Adding Clients
Be it a one-person operation or a multi-employee company, but when working for someone else, it makes sense to add the client to the Uku system. Adding clients allows tasks to be linked to the client.
To add a client:
- Select “Client” from the main menu and then “+ NEW CLIENT”
- Enter the client's name and, if necessary, the contact person through whom the communication will take place
- Select the users associated with the client
Learn how to add clients.
If more than a dozen clients need to be added to the Uku system at a time, it is wise to import the data. Remember, clients can only be imported with a Company account.
Find a guide to importing clients.
4. Approval of the work plan
An important part of using Uku is to create appropriate work plans for your customers to make sure all the necessary work is done. It is possible to attach all documents, agreements, and notes related to the customer to the client profile.
For the approval of the work plan:
- Select or create a suitable work plan
- In case of a prepared template, you can make adjustments if necessary
- Approve the plan!
Learn how to create a work plan for a customer so that all tasks are written down.
5. Using the dashboard and calendar
Uku helps you with planning and prioritising tasks and assisting you with their implementation. An organised workday increases productivity and reduces stress.
For more efficient work:
- Group your desktop - personalise your desktop using grouping.
- Mark important tasks and extra work - flag important tasks and extra work using €.
- View the marked time and time estimate in the calendar - have an overview of how many tasks you have entered time for, and how many you have predicted time for.
- Show tax due dates and public holidays in the calendar - Uku displays important dates for the accountant in the calendar.
6. Using the report
By using Uku to plan work, complete tasks, and measure time, you gather the data you need to put it to work for you in the report. Different filter options let you search for the information you want, by client, user, and subject. The report can be found in the main menu.
- Summary - displays the time spent by client and distinguishes extra work. Please use the grouping for more details.
- Tasks - tasks that are done, not done, and planned.
- Time - an overview of all-time entries. Use filters to get a more accurate overview.
Once you have selected the appropriate filters, save the report and later open a report with filters already saved in the main menu.
7. Time measurement
When working in Uku, you can measure time, but this is not mandatory. Measuring time provides the option of having an overview of the time spent at work.
Work time can be measured with a timer, entered manually or by estimation.
Read about the different ways to measure time!