If more than a dozen customers need to be added to the Uku system at once, it is wise to use data import. Remember that customers can only be imported under a Company account.
To import customers, you need to go to the "Clients" main menu and choose which account you want to add customers to (if you are a user under more than one company account). You can find the import option in the three-dot menu:
An XLSX file is suitable for importing data as a format.
Preparing for the import
The table below shows what information can be imported into Uku.
Based on this, you can create a file with the desired columns and values. Not all fields need to be used.
OUTSIDE UKU INFO
VALUE TO ENTER
UPDATING VIA IMPORT
Country: by code
e.g. EE, SE, LT
You must have previously created a customer group under Settings. You can add several groups at once
e.g. english, lithuanian, latvian, norwegian, swedish, finnish, danish
Three letters as a profile pic to identify the client I.e. Nor for Nordea.
Client's default user
There are 3 options:
An entry that is added to the customer's notes
1 - Active
0 - Inactive
1 - On
0 - Off
Topic is required
1 - On
0 - Off
Importing client custom fields
If you have any additional information about the clients, you can import them to the custom fields.
You will first need to make sure the custom fields are already created in your Uku account. You can learn more about custom fields in this article.
Starting with import
Upload the import file
Once the data file has been created, go to the ‘Clients’ view in the main menu and click on the 3-point ‘Import Clients’ menu.
Click ‘Select File’, upload the previously created file and click the ‘Next’ button
2. Specify whether the first row is a column heading or whether the first row already contains the required information.
To do this, turn ‘First line is title’ on or off.
3. In the preview, set the value for each column in the Uku’s column from the drop-down menu
If you select 'Customer group: via selection' or 'Default user: via selection' to define the column, a modal will open in which you can confirm the previously entered value with the Uku value.
4. If the column headings are defined in the Uku client profile fields, click ‘Next’
5. Then confirm the import by clicking ‘Run import’ and 'Confirm'
By selecting ‘+ Add static field’, you can enter the same value for all customers in the selected field.
- First select a static field and then define its content. For example, specify that the country of all customers is England, if it has not already been specified.